A Presentation Utility for Mentalism Routines
“The Red Envelope” started out as an evolution of Kenton Knepper’s Original “Kollosal Killer” but now has sprung multiple applications to enhance psychological illusions and a wide range of mentalism routines beyond “Kollosal Killer”.
The original routine is as follows:
The mentalist displays a thin leather wallet and explains it contains a red envelope and a prediction in the form of a single playing card.
He opens the wallet to show a red envelope inside the clear window pocket on one side of the wallet. The mentalist explains that he will reveal the prediction card shortly as well as the contents of the envelope. He removes the red envelope and sets it down on the table.
The mentalist has a spectator mentally select a playing card in the fairest possible manner with no ambiguous choices to be made.
Upon naming the thought-of card, the mentalist opens the wallet and removes a single face down card and places it on the table.
The spectator is invited to turn over the card to reveal the prediction. The red envelope is opened to reveal its contents for a show-stopping finale!
“J C Sum has my official permission to release “The Red Envelope”, and I am happy to have him do so. For “Kolossal Killer” fans, this will be a welcome addition.
This presentation and variation on my original method can be quite entertaining indeed, and J C has been sure to give you all the little touches for what he does. I even contributed a few notes on his idea myself.
I am sure that you will enjoy “The Red Envelope.”
– Kenton Knepper
This is probably the cleanest, most streamlined and strongest version of Kenton Knepper’s Original “Kollosal Killer”.
- Only one wallet is used, which is set in front of the audience from the start of the routine
- The wallet, envelope and card are not gimmicked in anyway
- No need for special jackets, clothing or pockets. Perfect for Pocket & Street Mentalism!
- You can put together the routine for under US$12 (assuming you own Kenton’s original “Kollosal Killer” routine)
- Nothing is gimmicked
- Both Close-up & Parlour versions are detailed
- Also included in the PDF are additional ideas to enhance psychological forces, an impromptu single card prediction with a borrowed deck, a routine with postcards, a close-up mentalism effect with coins and a version of Max Maven’s “Disposal Colour” that has three times the hit rate.
Difficulty Level: 2.5 out of 5
Note: You must own Kenton Knepper’s Original “Kollosal Killer” to be able to perform “The Red Envelope”. The instructions are written with the assumption that the reader is familiar with the handling, set-up and concept of the original routine. You can buy the original “Kollosal Killer” at www.wonderwizards.com
This is a downloadable product.
Download link will be automatically emailed upon payment confirmation.