Have you always wondered how to be an illusionist?
Do you wish to perform on a large stage for thousands of people?
Maybe you are a working magician specializing in close up or stage magic and are looking to put together a bigger show for a special event?
“How to be an Illusionist” is a first-of-its kind introductory reference guide on performing a modern illusion show in today’s entertainment & pop culture market.
In this comprehensive guide, you will learn step by step how to put an illusion show together, regardless of whether you perform illusions for fun, as a hobby, part-time or professionally.
You will receive a goldmine of information that will empower you with practical knowledge to take on the world of grand illusions; including a primer on over 100 well-known illusions performed today with credits.
The reference guide consists of 10 modules of information that is worth thousands of dollars’ to the performing illusionist and has taken years of experience to learn and develop.
It features over 80 full-colour photographs of over a dozen international illusionists in performance including David DaVinci (USA), J C Sum (Singapore), David & Abi Haines (USA), Kyle Knight & Mistie (USA), Miguel Gavilán (Spain), Hector Ruiz (Spain), Rémy Savary (France), Adeline Ng (Singapore), Daniel Ka (Spain), Sam Powers (Australia), Jason Bishop (USA), Jay Mattioli (USA) and Sean Alexander (U.K.).
PART 1: BASIC ILLUSION TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- How to Learn Illusions
- Basic Illusion Utilities
- Understanding Basic Illusion Design & Deceptiveness
PART 2: OVERVIEW OF POPULAR ILLUSIONS EFFECTS
- Double Transpositions
PART 3: HOW TO CHOOSE ILLUSION SHOW MATERIAL
- Experiment with Simple Illusions
- Choosing Your First Illusion
- Choosing Supporting Material
PART 4: HOW TO GET THE ILLUSIONS
- Buying the Illusion
- Financing the Illusion
- Building the Illusion
- Building an Illusion from a Set of Plans
PART 5: CASING THE ILLUSIONS
- ATA Flight Cases
- Basic Flight/ Road Cases
- Advanced Flight/ Road Cases
- Canvas & Poly-Fiber Cases
- How to Store & Transport Illusions
- Freight Forwarding Illusions
PART 6: HOW TO PRODUCE THE SHOW
- Show Structure
- Show Format
- Alternative Show Concepts
- Different Ways to Open an Illusion Show
PART 7: SHOW SUPPORT
- Show Support Team
- Prop Movement & Staging
- Basic Sound for Illusion Shows
- Music Design
- Basic Lighting for Illusion Shows
- Show Cue Sheet
PART 8: PRACTICE & REHEARSAL
- The Illusionist On-stage Cue System
PART 9: ILLUSION PERFORMANCE & PERFORMING
- Performing Tips
- How to Improve Your Performance & Show
- Differentiate Your Illusion Performance
- Perform Your Show
PART 10: THE MODERN ILLUSIONIST
- The Illusionist Versus the Magician
- Four Ways Performing Magic & Illusions is Different Today
- What the Modern Illusionist Needs to Do to be Successful
BIBLIOGRAPHY & REFERENCES
270 Pages. 6” x 9”. Full Colour.
(This video features the 1st edition of “How to Be An Illusionist”. The new video featuring the newly expanded and updated 2nd edition will be added soon.)